Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chambray Today

I went out to eat with my brother and sister on this day, so I threw this little thing together. As nice as it looks, the simplicity is really key. I wanted to wear my favorite chambray shirt from Club Monaco, so that was the center piece of the whole look. From there was pants. I didn't want to do jeans because it gives off a "matchy" look, and that looks especially tragic when jean is matching with jean. If I did wear jeans on the bottom, I would makes sure that it's a completely different shade altogether.

You can't beat quality chambray with a stick.
I chose light gray pants because it really plays off of the chambray. The contrast is nice in and of itself, and it also serves to make sure that the shirt stays the center of attention. For example, I wouldn't wear a vibrant colored pant with this.
Cowboy boots can be thrown into the mix for fun.

I finish it off with brown cowboy boots, which you'd think would oppose the black belt, but it doesn't. Unbeknownst to many brown does go with black. They play off each other very well actually. And since a metallic is involved, It only furthers the whole, "matching in a not so obvious way" vibe.

Studded belts can also offer another layer to whatever you're wearing.
All these work in unison, partly because they're all solids so there's not a lot of things going on at the same time. It's very clean and together which is harder than people think to pull off.

No comments:

Post a Comment