Sunday, October 17, 2010

Grease Lightning



Let’s talk about “looks’. Looks are key in order to stand apart. Having your own little niches and quirks are what really make or break what you’ve put together. The good thing is that this part should be easier since everyone has likes and dislikes. If you like knit tops, focus your attention on getting a good amount so that you have a sort of collection. Then, always have in mind what you want to do with them, like making use of mix and matching various colored tees underneath and picking up jeans that will compliment the various shirts you've picked up. Before long, that will be your "thing".





When it comes to myself, I’m always changing my themes every season I go into. Spring and Summer have a different look than Fall and Winter, so I tend to come up with general concepts each time they come around. For example, this season I’m going for a greaser vibe. This means leather jackets, boots, studded belts, studded bracelets and basic tees. Since I already have basic tees, I really only needed to concern myself with everything else.




Once the concept is made and some key pieces are attained, you can go for the basic look that you’re going for. On top of this, you can throw in other stuff to give it a sense of “you”. In my case, I love color. As a result, they’re coming into the equation in some form or another. I'm not limiting myself to just black and white. I can take a brown leather jacket, pair it with a tan shirt, brown jeans and brown converses and my look will still come across. You don't have to deny your own likes for what you're doing at the time.

It's all the items working together that makes it a complete look. Brown leather jacket works with tan basic tee, which goes with the brown studded belt, tan-lined jeans and cowboy boots.
 Accessories are very important when you do your "looks". They can make or break what you're doing, and bring it to the next level. With mine, you can't do greaser without studs.

Boots are key pieces too. I got these babies at Buckle. An absolutely fantastic place for boots.

Awesome jacket from Urban Outfitters. Whenever you get something, think about what sets it apart. These little nuances like epaulettes, double-buckle collar and exposed zippers distinguish it from the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment